PRODUCT MANAGER FOR RENDEROSITY
Currently unavailable - broken by changes on the Renderosity site
First version of the new 2nd edition has now been released. It's free to use for testing or just for general use, for up to 250 products. Apart from this limitation it's fully functional, and with no time limits.
The full version can manage an unlimited (meaning more than anyone is likely to have) number of products. It's been tested on different accounts with up to 7000+ products and is technically capable of handling a lot more.
- Complete offline database of your products and their data
- Everything listed on one page
- Sort by any category (product name, purchase date, vendor etc.)
- Notifies you about product updates and other changes
- Automatic detection of duplicate purchases
- Automatic batch download and organization of product files
- Options for automatic backup of product files and database
- Access any product file (zip) with two clicks
- Search on multiple product parameters, with AND and Regex support
- View product page for any product with one click (currently online only)
- Save product pages as HTML (Internet Explorer 11 format)
- Automatic or manual check for program updates
- Semi-automatic download and installation of program updates
- Automatic import of existing (already downloaded) product files (version 1.006)
- Download of promo pictures and data from product pages for offline viewing
- Export of data to other programs
- Download of files may occasionally freeze after a file has completed downloading (upper progress bar remains green and nothing happens). Just close the Download/Queue window by clicking the X in the upper right corner, open it again, and continue. If problem is persistent, try again later, if possible. The problem is being investigated, seems to be caused by periodical server errors.
- On some systems Download and Status windows may sometimes hide behind the main window which they're not supposed to do. Seems to be a Windows problem as it also affects other programs like DAZ Studio. Restarting the program may fix it, otherwise try restarting Windows. Whether Microsoft can/will fix it I can't tell.
- Program may crash if you use Search without having any product data loaded first. Fix will be out soon.
- HELP file (currently available online only) needs to be updated to reflect recent updates and changes.